Monday, March 12, 2012

Starting over...

My life was turned upside down on Feb 23 when a fire destroyed the place I call home.  I have had very little motivation to run since that day.  Too many things to do, too many things to replace.  Mostly, I'm sad over the loss of my cat Cosmo.  I had Cosmo for 14 years and that truly was a difficult loss.  I have had to keep it together for my other kitty CJ who was badly burned in the fire.  He is 11 years old and very much part of my family.  He has required a lot of my time for vet visits and follow up care but he's my baby so it's worth the effort.  The support from my family and friends has been amazing!   I don't know where I would be without them.  Each day gets a little easier.  I have managed a few short runs but nothing organized really.  I know eventually running will become part of my routine again.  For now, I will just take it a day at a time.  If I feel like running today, great!  If not, it's okay.  Just taking it a day at a time...... 

2 comments:

  1. Thx from kittehs all over the wurld fur yr dedikashun to CJ, and fur yr luv of he & Cosmo. You r a wunnerful hooman, keep running
    - one step at a time.
    Good luck wif yr trainin,
    WeK xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just taking it a day at a time......

      Delete