Monday, July 7, 2014

Four on the Fourth Run



Completed the Four on the 4th run on July 4, 2014. Completed it in 43:58 which is 10:59 pace. I didn't try to push it. Was glad to be under 11:00 pace without knowing my pace the entire run (there were no clocks on the course). I didn't decide to run it until the day before. Thought it would be nice to run on Ward Parkway again. Used to run that road a lot when I ran cross country in high school. While I'll never run as fast as I did while in high school it was still fun to run familiar roads from long ago again. 

Nice patriotic race bib. and what more appropriate shirt to wear for this race?


Me heading up the last hill before the finish.

Almost there... 


Gun time is shown in the pic. Chip time was 43:58. 

Tech shirt and medal. 

Gah... I hate seeing pics of me running! I really hope to drop some extra pounds and look more like a runner again! Mileage is going up this week in preparation for Chicago marathon. Surely my weight will go the opposite direction? Getting old sucks! It's harder to keep the pounds off. I never was a skinny minny but I wouldn't mind dropping about 10-15 lbs... 

No comments:

Post a Comment