Sunday, July 20, 2014

What do bad runs teach us?

Some will say there is no such thing as a bad run. I'm pretty sure today was a bad run. I just didn't feel good from the first step to the last. I ended up walking...a lot! But... I got the miles in. 

What do bad runs teach us? Well I learned today to keep moving even when I feel bad. The next mile might be better than the previous and that was true today. I had some bad miles today but I had some decent ones too. I wouldn't be able to say that if I had quit and not tried to finish the run. 

I also kept working on my nutrition. I started using NUUN a few weeks ago and it seems to be helping. I previously used Gatorade which is loaded in sugar. My main issue is losing too much electrolytes so I am trying NUUN and salt tablets although I didn't use salt tablets today.

I also learned today that my calf is doing ok. It didn't bother me during the run other than a little discomfort. It is a little sore after but it's not getting worse and that's a plus! 

So, can we learn from our bad runs? Yes, yes we can... I am still on target for Chucago Marathon! Happy training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment